Search the weblog
- A bash at Java. Don't agree that Java is as good as dead, but understand what he's getting at.
- Funny mac vs pc parody.
- Panic's Coda looks like a nice environment to develop sites in (but perhaps a bit pricey).
- Yes, a way to achieve soft clipping in Java is obviously available. I was struggling with this yesterday when I worked on creating rounded corners on a component containing other components. I don't know if it is worth the hussle with offscreen rendering, but perhaps I will need it when I try making drop shadows.
- Mr. Gosling - why did you make URL equals suck?!?
- Java: WeakReferences and Actions
- Terry Tate the Office Linebacker
- Chris Campbell has written a nice demo that shows how to use JOGL and mixing Java2D and OpenGL.
- iPhone: SAND In Your Hand
- The only drawback with the iPhone... Nice illustration by John Hicks. I think it can be taken even further, by adding prints from the ear and cheeks too... I'm looking forward to reading the first reviews of it once it hits the market because it sure looks nice.
- Java 6 is out!
- Screenfont.CA: All about fonts for captioning and subtitling. Interesting...
- How to create an Aqua buttons with Java2D
- How to start a swingapp the right (thread safe way). Java 6 states that all swing components should be created in the Swing event dispatch thread, not just painted like in Java 5.
- The transcription of the Ask the experts session on Swing is a really good read.
- Colibri - launch applications Quicksilver-style, but in Windows XP. Great for work...
- Starting from the 16th, you can ask the experts about Swing. Interesting to see what questions that do arise.
- I'm looking for a better way to validate XHTML, which doesn't require PHP to parse the XML first. The blogidate XML well-formedness bookmarklet seems like a good start.
- I've been interviewed over at the UCIT webpage. The same interview now is featured on the Alumni page of UmU.
- I forgot to blogmark this once I found out, but just to let you know, Andrei is back with design by fire in a slightly new format.
- John Hick's thoughts on OS X Leopard.
- Domino chain of junk, via The Sneeze.
- Examples on antipatterns for exception handling.
- Short note on possible means to optimize Swing.
- This is so cool, 20q.net is an AI project that plays 20 questions with you. It is kind of scary how good the AI has become. Last time I played it was 3 years ago and it was good then...
- Dead nerd is the shit
- Locomotive looks like a nice way to get started with RoR.
- Building Ruby, Rails, LightTPD and MySQL on Tiger. Now I'm only curious on how to possibly use Apache instead of LightTPD.