Samuel Sjöberg's weblog

Skip to navigation

UTF-8 encoding

I just tried to change the character encoding on my NTK project in an attempt to make it possible to send international characters over an AJAX pipe.

I have got it to work at the moment, except for a problem with fetching data from the database and displaying it. A problem occurs in Safari when international characters are used. I hope it has to do with some aggressive cashing that haven't been reset yet. There are no problems in Firefox and it will be interesting to see how Internet Explorer plays with this.

I had a problem with PHP sessions breaking. This was caused by the character encoding which had to be set to UTF-8, no BOM.

Pages linking to this entry

Pingback is enabled on all archived entries. Read more about pingback in the Pingback 1.0 Specification.

About this post

Created 30th October 2005 23:15 CET. Filed under Javascript and DOM, PHP.

0 Comments
0 Pingbacks